Between Tuesday, 9 June and Sunday, 14 June a total of 21 443 individuals were screened in the Mkhondo area. There were 193 households visited, 54 households were locked and 10 individuals refused Covid-19 screening.
The screening took place in Ward 6, at the N2 Roadblock, local schools and at various health care facilities. The following are the statistics for the Gert Sibande District, as of Saturday, 13 June:
- Chief Albert Luthuli Local Municipality (Carolina) has three positive cases, one individual has already recovered.
- Dipaleseng Municipality (Balfour) still has no positive cases.
- Dr. Pixley Ka Isaka Seme Local Municipality (Volksrust) had 18 positive cases and 17 people have recovered.
- Govan Mbeki Local Municipality (Secunda and Bethal) has significantly increased, from 34 positive cases last week, to 50 positive cases this week. They have 18 recoveries.
- Lekwa Local Municipality (Standerton) has increased to 12 positive cases and 3 individuals have recovered.
- Msukaligwa Local Municipality (Ermelo) has had one positive case and the individual has recovered.
Mkhondo Local Municipality has one positive case.
The total positive cases for Mpumalanga Province is 266. Whilst the death toll remains at 1. A total of 3 956 477 people have been screened and 28 773 tests have been conducted in Mpumalanga. We urge the Mkhondo community to please not refuse to screen. You can infect everyone you come into contact with if you are a carrier of the illness.