On Friday, 19 April, Beauty of the Beauty Grootboom Foundation visited Piet Retief Hospital to deliver a message from the Bible on Good Friday.
The six scriptures from God that were spoken were:
- Luke 23:34 – “Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.” And they divided up his clothes by casting lots.”
- Luke 23:43 – “Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”
- John 19:26-27- “When Jesus saw his mother there, and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to her, “Woman,[a] here is your son,” and to the disciple, “Here is your mother.” From that time on, this disciple took her into his home.”
- Matthew 27:46 – “About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Eli, Eli,[a] lema sabachthani?” (which means “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”).”
- John 19:28 – “Later, knowing that everything had now been finished, and so that Scripture would be fulfilled, Jesus said, “I am thirsty.””
- John 19:30 – “When he had received the drink, Jesus said, “It is finished.” With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.” Beauty visited the children’s ward, talked to the families of the hospitalized children and handed out toys and Easter eggs.
The Beauty Grootboom Foundation would like to thank TWK Agri, the Municipal Manager of the Mkhondo Local Municipality, Mr Kunene and all other sponsors for their support and donations.
If you would like to donate towards the BGF, please contact Beauty on 084 810 4172 They are in need of blankets, for Mandela month which will be during July. “No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”